Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD
Have a positive future by overcoming your past.
At wellbeing hypnotherapy we are committed to helping you have a positive, happy future. We can help you deal with and overcome your past traumas with hypnotherapy and Traumatic Incident Reduction TIR.
Call 0208 646 4337 for more information or to book your first session.
Testimonial-Review"Adrian Sonnex was warm, friendly and totally professional, as well as being highly supportive and sensitive in the way he dealt with us. Words cannot express how happy and relieved we are in the many ways he has helped us!
I had read on several PTSD information website (so it must be true! ;) that Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can take a great many years to get through...Yet after only 4 months of hypnotherapy, and TIR (trauma incident reduction) treatments from Adrian, my partner is now seeking to tackle the stuff in his life which previously terrorized him!" Jo Grant, Southsea
At wellbeing hypnotherapy we have worked with survivors of domestic, sexual, physical and child abuse. Have you suffered trauma, abuse, violence, accident or injury? Do you have nightmares? Do you have a general sense of numbness and feel a lack of involvement with the world? Do you suffer guilt about your past? Do you re-live the traumas in dreams, images and thoughts? Do you have phobias and fears? Are you unable to live a normal everyday life? Is your past spoiling your present and future?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has been around for centuries. It used to be called Cowardice in the first world war, shell shock in the second world war and battle fatigue in conflicts afterwords before being called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the Vietnam and Afghanistan conflicts. Once the phenomenon was clearly recognized, PTSD was easily identifiable among other populations, such as rape survivors and survivors of natural disasters. Even in everyday life most people can be triggered into momentary or prolonged reliving of past traumas of varying degrees of severity, with all the negative feelings and behaviors associated with them.
Post-Traumatic Stress Reactions.
Individual reactions to a traumatic incident can vary but can include:
- Anxiety caused by continually reconstructing the events in their minds or experiencing flashbacks,
- Avoidance of thinking or talking about the events and/or patchy memory loss,
- A difficulty in coming to terms with the actions taken on the day, and a concern that it may have been inadequate,
- Resentment or anger directed at a particular person or organization,
- Fear of a similar event happening again and being unable to cope with it.
More general difficulties can be experienced, for example:
- Sadness, unusual emotional feelings, or feelings of depression or numbness,
- Tiredness, sleeplessness or nightmares,
- Difficulties with personal or professional relationships,
- Difficulties caused by lack of motivation or listlessness,
- Dizziness, palpitations, shakes, difficulties in breathing, or tightness of the throat and chest,
- Sickness, diarrhea or menstrual problems,
- Changes in interest in sex,
- Changes in eating habits, smoking or consumption of alcohol.
These are only an indication - they do not automatically relate to trauma, but an awareness of them is imperative in order to recognize those who may be suffering from post-traumatic stress reactions
symptoms are: re-experiencing the trauma in dreams, recurrent images and thoughts, a general sense of numbness and feeling a lack of involvement with the real world, guilt about having survived, sleep disturbances and an exaggerated startle response. The disorder is generally classified as one of the anxiety disorders.
Traumatic Incident Reduction
Traumatic Incident Reduction is very effective in treating Post Traumatic Stress Reduction. You can read more about it by clicking on the link.
If you would like to ask a question you can do so and we will reply in confidence.