ACT Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
The aim of ACT is to create a rich, full and meaningful life, while accepting the pain that inevitably goes with it.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a form of clinical behavior analysis used in psychotherapy. It is an empirically-based psychological intervention that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies, to increase psychological flexibility. Find out more
ACT is a Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is a group of therapies that uses Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies. Adrian Sonnex is trained in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction MBSR for Anxiety, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy MBCT for Depression, Traumatic Incident Reduction TIR for PTSD and other forms of trauma and ACT. He has been a professional, full-time Mindful Therapist since January 2009.
The 2 major goals of ACT are:-
- Acceptance of unwanted private experiences which are out of personal control
- Committed action towards living a valued life
This therapy is of huge value in dealing with all aspects of personal development and in dealing with personal struggle.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a unique empirically based psychological intervention that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies, together with commitment and behaviour change strategies, to increase psychological flexibility. Psychological flexibility means contacting the present moment fully as a conscious human being and changing behaviour in the service of chosen values.
The 5 basic strategies used in ACT
- Confronting the agenda (have previous efforts been successful in getting rid of the problem permanently?)
- Control is the problem (are you constantly struggling to maintain/gain control of your situation?)
- Willingness is the alternate (acceptance)
- The observing self (while our thoughts, feelings, sensations etc. constantly change the observing does not. It can be very powerful to draw attention to this aspect of self)
- Values and actions (what do you really want? What do you want your life to stand for? What sort of person do you want to be?)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy ACT in Moren and Mitcham
For more information call us or use our “Contact Us” form below
£10 off your first session, use code "Firstsession" on checkout
“I went to see Adrian for help with issues relation to anxiety and depression following a recommendation from a close friend. I had both CBT and Hypnotherapy treatments during our meetings. I found Adrian to be extremely understanding, sympathetic and professional throughout. I would recommend his services to anyone and everyone!” (FiveRead more “Nicholas, Anxiety, Depression”
* Disclaimer : Please Note, the reviews on the page & website are not a guarantee of success. Hypnosis and mindfulness requires motivation and effort on the part of the individual